Electronic Services Agreement and Disclosure
This Agreement describes your rights and obligations as a user of any and all electronic services provided to you: Online Banking, Online Bill Payment, and Electronic Statements (eStatements) for deposit or loan accounts. This Agreement also establishes the rights and obligations of American Chartered Bank. Please read this disclosure carefully. Your acceptance of this disclosure by signature, or online agreement constitutes your agreement to comply with these terms and conditions. We may terminate any of your Electronic Services under this agreement without providing notice to you for any reason. You are responsible for complying with all terms of this Agreement governing the deposit or loan accounts which you access using electronic banking services. The laws of the State of Illinois and applicable Federal Law govern this Agreement. Any fees are disclosed on our schedule of fees or prior to your submitting your request (Bill Payment services such as CD orders or immediate payments). These fees are subject to change. You will be notified in writing at least thirty (30) days in advance of any changes.
- Do not share your User ID or Passwords with others. American Chartered Bank is not liable for unauthorized access via your password or personal computer if you share that information with others.
- User IDs must be a minimum of 8 characters and contain a minimum of 2 letters and 2 numbers – except for those IDs “grandfathered” during our system conversion in 2011.
- Please maintain adequate procedures to prevent unauthorized access to your personal computer
- If your password is compromised, lost, or stolen please contact American Chartered Bank immediately.
- You are required to change your password annually and may not re-use previous passwords.
- Passwords must be between 8 and 16 characters, are case sensitive and must contain a minimum of two numbers and two letters. The following special characters are permitted: ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ).
- Passwords may not re-use phrases from the User ID and may not contain 3 or more of the same character in a row, for example: 1111 or aaaa
- For your protection and in accordance with Federal Regulations, you must establish certain security questions and answers to prevent unauthorized access (Multi-Factor Authentication)
- You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining and operating all computer hardware and software necessary for Online Banking, Online Bill Payment, and eStatements
- To ensure against unauthorized access to your services, American Chartered Bank will ask personal identifying information prior to resetting Passwords, User IDs, or Multi-factor Authentication questions
- American Chartered Bank will provide online instructions describing how to use the Online Banking service or Bill Pay services. American Chartered Bank will assign one User ID and One Password to the individual authorizing this agreement. Only account owners and authorized signers of a business may enroll in consumer online banking. If you believe that this user ID or password has become known by unauthorized persons, or you have removed an Account Owner or Authorized Signer, immediately change your password. In the event of an Authorized Signer leaving your employment, contact us to disable their online access
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
If your online banking password has been lost or stolen or in the event of unauthorized access to any of your accounts, contact us immediately. If you contact us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone uses your password without permission. If you do NOT telephone or write us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password had you told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
You must promptly review your electronic statement and accompanying items. You have 60 days from the date of mailing or online availability of your statement to notify us of any errors. If we are unable to recover lost funds due to your failure to notify us within 60 days, then your failure to notify us may result in your inability to recover those lost funds. American Chartered Bank may extend this time period if it determines that there were reasonable extenuating circumstances causing your delay (i.e. an extended hospital stay or long trip).
If you allow someone other than you to review your statements, you are still obligated to review the statement for any errors, unauthorized or omitted signatures, alterations or other irregularities. You are responsible for any wrongful act of your employees and agents. The time period within which you must notify us begins on the day the statement is available to you, regardless of when you open or view the statement.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- When it is necessary to complete a transfer
- To verify the existence and conditions of your account for a third party such as a credit bureau or merchant
- To comply with government regulation, court orders, or other reporting requirements
- If you give us written permission
- To affiliated companies
CONSUMER ONLINE BANKING
This automated service enables account holders to manage accounts through Online Banking via the American Chartered Bank web site at www.americanchartered.com
- You will gain access to Online Banking through the use of your personal computer (or other Internet capable device), via your Internet Service Provider, using your Access ID & Password
- You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining, and operating all computer hardware and software necessary for successful operation of Online Banking
- You must have a valid SSN to enroll in consumer online banking.
- Consumer Online Banking is only available to account holders with an active checking account.
- You will only have visibility or access to those accounts on which you are an owner/signer
- Your log in information consists of an initial User ID and Password.
- In our Online Banking program you may perform the following:
- View posted transactions (time frames will vary)
- Make transfers between your deposit and consumer loan accounts
- The business day deadline for daily posting is 6:00 PM Central Time
- Transactions made on WEEKENDS or BANK HOLIDAYS are processed on the following business day
- Export transaction history to financial software Quicken
- Establish automatic balance and check posting alerts
- If you enroll in Online Bill Pay, you can pay bills from your checking account. Daily deadline is 6:00 PM Central Time each business day
- For your protection, your Online Banking access will be disabled if you have not accessed it within a 9 month period
- Money Market Accounts: Federal Regulations limit the following: You may make no more than six preauthorized withdrawals, automatic or telephonic transfers, checks, drafts, ACH, Point of Sale or other similar transactions from your account per statement cycle. Excess withdrawals will incur a $15 fee per transaction. Interest is credited and compounded monthly. Money Market Account statements are issued monthly.
- Statement Savings Accounts: Federal Regulations limit the following: You may make no more than six preauthorized withdrawals, automatic or telephonic transfers, drafts, ACH, Point of Sale or other similar transactions from our account per statement cycle.
eSTATEMENTS AND NOTICES
You can receive your periodic deposit and loan account statements more quickly and with greater security by using American Chartered Bank’s eStatement service. Industry standards are dynamic and constantly changing. We will use measures consistent with those standards, to maintain a reasonable level of security.
- Your enrollment in eStatements is applicable only to those accounts you choose
- Account statements will be available online as an Adobe PDF file
- We will send a reminder email to the address you have provided in online banking.
- Keep your email and phone information updated in online banking to ensure receipt of important notices and alerts.
- You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining and operating all computer hardware and software necessary for viewing eStatements
- You may need to adjust your security settings or spam filters to avoid having notices and alerts sent to a junk mail folder
- If our emailed reminders about your eStatement is returned as undeliverable, we will attempt to resend it or contact you to correct the email address
- If we are unable to reach you, we will change the delivery method and send your statement to you via U.S. Mail to your address on file, as required by bank regulations
- You may switch to paper statements at any time. Depending on the account type, fees may apply.
ONLINE BILL PAYMENT
The Online Bill Pay feature is available for consumer checking account customers. A separate disclosure for Online Bill Pay is provided when your account is activated online.
- You are responsible for entering your payee information accurately
- Mailed payments are deducted from your account upon the send date
- You are responsible for any overdrafts that may occur
- The daily cutoff for bill payment is 6:00 PM Central Time each business day
- You are responsible for obtaining, installing, maintaining and operating all computer hardware and software necessary for Online Bill Pay
- Fees may apply for special services such as transaction histories recorded on Compact Disk (CD) and Immediate Bill Payments. Those fees will be provided to you at the time you request the service
- American Chartered Bank will reimburse you for any late payment fees or penalties you are charged up to a maximum of $50.00 per scheduled payment. We have no liability for late payments if funds are not available in your account. To qualify for this reimbursement:
- You must provide us with the correct Payee name, address, phone number and account number
- The payment must have been scheduled for mailing or electronic transfer at least 5 business days prior to payment due date
- You must have had sufficient funds available to make the bill payment on the send date
- You must provide us with a copy of the statement showing the late fee charged
- All pending payments must be canceled prior to canceling the Online Bill Pay service
PEER TO PEER PAYMENTS
Payments made via the “Send Money Online” application are subject to the rules, terms and conditions of Pay Pal. All disputes and claims issues arising from payments made through “Send Money Online” are handled by Pay Pal. International transfer fees may apply and are subject to change by Pay Pal at any time. American Chartered Bank makes no warrants or guarantees for Pay Pal transfers. VISA Zero Liability and Merchant rules do not apply to this service. Pay Pal transfers are limited to $500 per day.
External transfers may be made between your account at American Chartered Bank and other financial institutions. All electronic transfers are governed by the Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure.
External transfers are limited to $7,500 per transaction, $7,500 per day with a limit of 3 transactions per day, and $10,000 per month with a limit of 30 transactions per month. Transfers must be submitted by 6pm Central Time to be counted as that day.
Transfers from ACB to an external bank:
Funds will be debited from your ACB account same day. Funds will be credited to your external account on the next business day.
Transfer from an external bank to ACB:
Funds will be debited from your external account on the next business day. Funds will be available in your ACB account on the fifth business day.
- Transfers may only be made to or from American Chartered Bank checking accounts.
- Availability of other account types for external transfers at other financial institutions are determined by them and not American Chartered Bank.
- Only account owners may perform external transfers.
- Account signers may not make external transfers.
- Allow two business days to establish the transfer relationship between ours and an external account using the 9-digit ABA Routing number and the account number at the other institution.
In online banking, you may enroll and receive text alerts to assist in managing your account. Alerts are established at the account level.
- Alerts are sent each day.
- Alerts are not meant to provide “real time” notification of account activity.
- Alerts may not prevent possible overdrafts on your account
Your mobile carrier’s text messaging and web access charges may apply. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges. Not all phones or cell plans are compatible; please check with your service plan provider.
Your mobile carrier’s text messaging and web access charges may apply. Web access is needed to use Mobile Banking. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges. Not all phones or cell plans are compatible; please check with your service plan provider.
By accepting this agreement and submitting your email address you grant permission to American Chartered Bank to send you periodic promotional emails. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the SafeUnsubcribe link at the bottom of every email.
FEDERAL E-SIGN ACT DISCLOSURE
- You have the option to receive your statements available in paper form.
- You may withdraw your consent for electronic statements at any time
- Your enrollment or withdrawal of consent for eStatements is applicable at an account level and does not constitute enrollment or withdrawal of consent for other electronic products such as online & mobile banking, bill payment, telephone banking, promotional emails or account alerts.
- You may make changes to your contact information and/or withdraw your consent or agreement for any and all electronic services in person, via telephone, in writing, or through secure messaging (“Contact Us”). We will not honor requests if we are unable to positively identify the person making the request.
- You may request paper copies of your statements or notices for up to seven years from the date produced. Per statement and research fees may apply.
In the event of any of the following, please contact us:
- Lost or stolen password
- Forgotten Online Banking password (a reminder link is available online)
- eStatement password reminders or change requests
- Unauthorized access into your account or statements
- Errors or questions regarding these services
- If you notice unauthorized transfers or transactions on your account
- You are unable to view your eStatement
- You wish to cancel your Online Banking, or Online Bill Pay
You may contact us via any of the following. Email, Bank Mail, and Contact Us inquiries are responded to not later than the close of the next business day following receipt. Do not use these methods for urgent issues such as lost or stolen debit cards, unauthorized account activity or access to your account
Online at www.americanchartered.com using the “Contact Us” menu
Email to Online-Banking@americanchartered.com
Telephone Online Services at (847) 273-1665
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Central) Monday-Friday
Voicemail is available for messages after hours
Direct all Electronic Services correspondence to:
American Chartered Bank
Attn: Electronic Services
1199 E. Higgins Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173